In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) it is believed that our body rhythm follows our seasons throughout the year.
To balance and support our body remember to:
- Go to bed early and get lots of rest.
- Listen clearly and observe your interactions during this time of hibernation and stillness. As we spend time in quiet and peace, notice how grounding and nourishing this is to our spirit.
- Get moving with gentle exercises. Our internal water is susceptible to becoming cold and stagnant.
- Eat lots of warm soups, salty flavors and stews.
- Stay warm by covering neck and also cover legs and feet to nurture your kidney qi. An ancient practice to use before bed is to soak your feet in hot water and then jump into bed for a great nights’ sleep.
To nurture your kidney (jing) qi:
- limit caffeine,
- reduce stress,
- and increase sleep.
For more information, feel free to contact me or join a class.